Executive Director: Bill Humphreys
Studio Operations Manager: Chad Cordner
Studio Production: Kevin Russell
Position: Executive Director – Portsmouth Public Media – PPMtv – Portsmouth, NH
The Executive Director serves as the chief executive officer and principal spokesperson for the organization. Working with the Board of Directors, this position provides direction and leadership to achieve PPMtv’s mission, vision goals and objectives.
- Provide hands-on teaching to mentor novice producers to the successful completion of their projects through a full understanding of the storytelling process, production methods, effective use of visual techniques, post-production and broadcast
- Pursue and incorporate new revenue sources through a variety of fundraising and entrepreneurial activities, consistent with the mission of the organization
- The creation and execution of the annual operating budget
- Interface with the city of Portsmouth in regard to the annual franchise fee negotiations
- Interact directly with new producing members to develop their program and production concepts and serve as needed in the role of producer, director, editor and teacher
- Encourage the growth of diverse and quality programming while ensuring that members are provided services on a timely and consistent basis.
- Maintain a close working relationship with representatives of the community organizations, government agencies and public schools of Portsmouth, NH
- Prepare periodic reports regarding progress toward and barriers to the achievement of such policies and plans
- Establish and teach media training curriculum that benefits community producers and volunteers
- Keep informed of trends, issues, events, and developments within the community media field through professional peer contacts, conference attendance, etc.
- Position must be fully adept with both single camera and multi-camera video production (Video Data system and HD cameras) and digital editing equipment including Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 and CC programs, Final Cut X, Wondershare, Photoshop, Audition and After Effects as well as all aspects of support disciplines for studio and remote location production including lighting, audio, set design, pre-production and post-production processes
- Provide leadership qualities that help develop the core mission of PPMtv
- Technologically cognizant of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter as well as operational communication resources such as Word-press, Wufoo, PayPal and QuickBooks
- Strong communications skills, including effective public speaking and negotiation skills
Applicants Must Submit via E-mail:
- A detailed letter of introduction describing applicant’s experience, knowledge and skills match the identified duties, responsibilities and requirements of this position.
- Current resume
- At least three professional references with telephone numbers and e-mail addresses.
Please send Word or PDF format documents as attachments to an e-mail message to Bill.Humphreys@ppmtvnh.org. Please include “Executive Director Job Application” in the subject line of your email submission. Applications will be reviewed ahead of a February 2019 interview / April 2019 start date timeline.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards for the position. The Executive Director will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required to fulfill all job responsibilities and the mission of the organization.
PPMtv Seeks Commission Sales Person
Portsmouth Public Media (PPMtv) is currently seeking an individual experienced in the sales of underwriting support for this non-profit, 501(c)3, Public Access Television and streaming media station.
PPMtv is the only Public Access Television station in the New Hampshire seacoast and is available on Comcast Cable Channel 98 as well as streaming on the PPMtvnh.org/live website. We are a membership driven organization helping members of the seacoast community create and execute television and media programming of their own design. We seek underwriting support for the content they produce as well as programming we acquire through third party sources.
The individual we seek will have experience in securing underwriting for non-profit media organizations and will understand the unique personal level of interaction that exists between potential funders and PPMtv.
The position will build underwriting relationships with new clients as well as revisit leads from existing funders.
This position is compensated solely through a negotiated competitive commission on sales. PPMtv will outline the expectations and goals of the position in association with the successful candidate. PPMtv will supply all necessary brochures, one-sheets, cards, and materials required to make effective and efficient representation of PPMtv as a supplier of unique, quality, and homegrown television programming.
Channel 98 serves the greater Portsmouth area and offers broadcast exposure to funders on an established rate card basis. Funders outside of the immediate Portsmouth, NH area will receive exposure only through the on-line streaming of our daily broadcast line up and thru national exposure on specific projects headed to distribution.
Experienced prospects who find this position of interest, please submit via e-mail only a letter of introduction, resume indicating sales experience – please highlight experience with non-profit organizations if applicable, all pertinent contact information, and a short statement of your approach and philosophy in the pursuit of funding. Please no phone calls.
The submission address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is open until filled